United Kreyol Mas: the first French Caribbean experience for Notting Hill Carnival 2022
United Kreyol Mas is the first French Caribbean masquerade band of the Notting Hill Carnival.
The group offers a meticulously crafted carnival experience whilst staying proudly connected to the ancient carnival traditions of the French West Indies.
The experience will comprise:
- For breakfast, a traditional goûter with "pain au beurre" and hot chocolate
- Lunch with a selection of bokits, the delicious sandwiches from Guadeloupe, courtesy of renowned street food vendors Bokit'la
- A dedicated DJ with traditional sounds such as bouyon and zouk chiré . The parade leaders will play the chacha and coq a lambi.
- Open bar with planteur, ti punch with rum courtesy of Karukera, a sponsor of the event.
- Costumes made to measure in traditional madras
The group will share a truck with Dominican masquerade group Duka mas while retaining full artistic independence on the road.