Notting Hill Carnival is Europe biggest street party.
So you’d better be prepared if you want to enjoy it 100%
Carnival Route 2017
(click on the map for a better view)
For carnival goers, the easiest way get to the event is to travel by bus, tube, Overground, bike or foot. Indeed, the area will be closed to traffic. Here are some tips to get around.
To create a safe environment during the carnival there will be major road closures around Notting Hill, Ladbroke Grove and Westbourne Park from 02:00 Sunday 28 August until 05:00 Tuesday 30 August.
If you can, avoid the parts of west London listed below, or allow extra time for your journey.
Plan your journey on TFL Website
From around 05:00 on Sunday 28 August to 05:00 on Tuesday 30 August, buses around Notting Hill and North Kensington will be on diversion or will terminate earlier than usual to avoid the road closures.
During these times, buses will start from the Prince of Wales on Harrow Road to the north of the carnival area. To the south of the carnival area, buses will start from Notting Hill Gate.
Affected bus routes include: 7, 16, 18, 23, 27, 28, 31, 46, 52, 70, 94, 98, 148, 220, 228, 274, 295, 316, 328, 332, 390, 414, 452, N7, N16, N18, N28, N31, N98 and N207.
- Extra buses will run on routes 2, 36, 205, 436 which can be found on Journey Planner as 2X, 36X, 205X and 436X
- There will be extra day and night buses serving the Notting Hill Carnival, but buses in west London are expected to be busier than usual, so allow plenty of time for your journey
For the latest information on how buses are operating, see our bus status updates or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
Tube and Rail will be the best way to get around London on the weekend, although stations in west London will be busier than usual
For safety reasons some stations may close temporarily to prevent overcrowding. It may be worthwhile walking part of your journey or finding an alternative route.
Changes to services in west London on Sunday 28 and Monday 29 August include:
- Ladbroke Grove: closed on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
- Latimer Road: closed after 23:30 on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
- Notting Hill Gate: on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, the station will be exit-only between 11:00-19:00 and the Circle/District lines will not stop
- Westbourne Park: exit-only between 11:00-18:00 and closed at 23:30 on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
- Royal Oak: exit-only after 11:00 and closed at 18:00 on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
The following Santander docking stations in the carnival area will be suspended between 21:00 Saturday 27 August to 07:00 Tuesday 30 August:
- All Saints Road
- All Saints Church Portobello
- Blenheim Crescent
- Chepstow Villas
- Gloucester Terrace
- Hereford Road
- Lansdowne Walk
- Ladbroke Grove Central
- Notting Hill Gate Station
- Pembridge Villas
- St Marks Road
- Turquoise Island
- Westbourne Park Road
All other docking stations will remain available, but local traffic may make it difficult for us to redistribute bikes across west London. You can check availability using our live docking station map.
Follow @SantanderCycles on Twitter for the latest updates.