Notting Hill Carnival is Europe biggest street party.
So you’d better be prepared if you want to enjoy it 100%
Carnival Route 2017
Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to visit the Notting Hill Carnival this year – the biggest event of its kind in Europe.
This event means that on Sunday 27 and Monday 28 August 2017:
- Roads will be closed in the Notting Hill, Ladbroke Grove and Westbourne Park areas, with a large number of pedestrians expected
- Tube and rail will be the best way to get around London during the weekend. But some stations in west London will be busier than usual; some will be exit only or closed during the event; Night Tube services don’t run on Sunday and Monday nights
- Buses around west London will be on diversion or will terminate earlier than usual
From around 05:00 on Sunday 27 August to 05:00 on Tuesday 29 August, buses around the event area will be on diversion or will terminate earlier than usual to avoid the road closures.
During these times, buses will start from the Prince of Wales on Harrow Road to the north of the carnival area. To the south of the carnival area, buses will start from Notting Hill Gate.
Affected bus routes include: 7, 16, 18, 23, 27, 28, 31, 46, 52, 70, 94, 98, 148, 220, 228, 295, 316, 328, 332, 414, 452, N7, N16, N18, N28, N31, N98 and N207.
- Extra buses will run on routes 2, 36 and 205 which can be found on Journey Planner as 2X, 36X and 205X
- There will be extra day and night buses serving the Notting Hill Carnival, but buses in west London are expected to be busier than usual, so allow plenty of time for your journey
For the latest information on how buses are operating, see our bus status updates or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
Tube and rail
On both Sunday 27 and Monday 28 August, changes include:
- Holland Park: exit only from 19:00
- Ladbroke Grove: closed
- Latimer Road: closed after 23:30
- Notting Hill Gate: exit-only between 11:00-19:00, and the Circle/District lines will not stop
- Westbourne Park: exit-only between 11:00-18:00, and closes at 23:30
- Royal Oak: exit-only after 11:00, and closes at 18:00
These nearby stations may be busier than usual:
The following Santander docking stations in the carnival area will be suspended between 21:00 Saturday 26 August to 07:00 Tuesday 29 August:
- All Saints Church Portobello
- All Saints Road
- Blenheim Crescent
- Chepstow Villas
- Hereford Road
- Ladbroke Grove Central
- Landsdowne Walk
- Notting Hill Gate station
- Pembridge Villas
- St Marks Road
- Turquoise Island
- Westbourne Park Road
Follow @SantanderCycles on Twitter for the latest updates.
Download the brochure to take with you on the road! (Only £3 including transaction fee)